Christmas Trivia: Part 9
Are you still king or queen of Christmas trivia? Here's today's batch of questions!
How good is your Christmas IQ? We'll be testing it each day with a Christmas trivia quiz. For today, see if you can answer these five questions about Christmas movies, songs, TV specials and books. Since Number 5 was a curveball yesterday, today I decided to finish with a gimme! Look for today's official answers at the bottom of tomorrow's Christmas trivia quiz.
- In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, how does the Grinch come up with a reindeer to complete his masquerade as Santa?
- In A Christmas Story, what does Little Orphan Annie's secret message -- decipherable only with an official Decoder Ring -- turn out to be?
- What is Charlie Brown's main complaint about Christmas in the modern age?
- Which of Scrooge's relatives invites him to a Christmas party every year, only to be curtly refused?
- What was the name of the child whose 1897 letter to the editor of the New York Sun prompted Francis Pharcellus Church's famous essay defending the existence of Santa Claus?
Check out tomorrow's quiz for more questions, and the official answers to today's quiz!
Meanwhile, here are the answers to yesterday's quiz:
- In A Christmas Story, what is the name of the yellow-eyed bully who terrorizes Ralphie and his friends? Scut Farkus
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas was directed by animation pioneer Chuck Jones. For what classic cartoon shorts is Jones best known? The Looney Toons
- "A Visit from St. Nicholas," an 1823 poem by Clement Clark Moore, is better known by what title? "The Night Before Christmas"
- Who wrote "White Christmas"? Irving Berlin
- In A Christmas Story, what does Ralphie want most for Christmas? An official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot, range model air rifle